Wednesday, March 25, 2009

for the Taylors Falls fire department




I made chocolate Guiness cupcakes (see previous blog) with a whipped ganache frosting. I'ld never whipped ganache before, just used it as a glaze. It's very thick and fudgy - I added a tablespoon of Baileys Irish Cream to it. Next time, I think I'll just use it as an accent or filling - just way too much.


The vanilla cuppies are white chocolate cream cheese cupcakes. Very dense, moist and yummy. I topped it with my regular vanilla buttercream.
White Chocolate Pound Cake
recipe from A Baked Creation blog
2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temp)
8 0z of cream cheese (room temp)
1 1/2 cups sugar (I used superfine)
2 Tbsp of sour cream
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs (I had mine at room temp)
2 1/4 cups of cake flour (sifted for me)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz of melted white chocolate
1. preheat the oven to 35o degrees F and have all ingredients at room temp.
2. using an electric mixer (I used my kitchen aid), beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and continue mixing at high speed. Add the sugar and mix until it is light and fluffy again.
3. Add the sour cream and the vanilla extract, mixing at medium speed.
4. add the eggs one at a time ensuring that they are mixed well before the next addition.
5. in another bowl, mix the cake floour, baking powder and salt together. then add the dry ingredients with the wet mixture. Mix on low until smooth.
6. Fold in the melted white chocolate. Pour into pan and bake the cupcakes for 25 to 30 minutes (mine took 24 minutes). Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment