Saturday, August 8, 2009

Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant

Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant
(a mix of several recipes I've found on the internet)

16 oz mini marshmallows
1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
2 Tbsp water
3 - 7 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/2 - 1 cup sifted cocoa (depending on how dark you want your fondant)

Grease two bowls with crisco, one for melting marshmallows, another bigger one for the sugar and cocoa.

sift cocoa into larger greased bowl, then add sifted powdered sugar to equal 4 cups total. have the rest of your sugar sifted and ready to go.

Melt marshmallows, chocolate and water in greased bowl in microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. stirring often with greased rubber spatula or wooden spoon.

pour melted mixture into bowl with cocoa and sugar, mix until you start to form a ball. transfer mixture onto well greased counter top and start kneading it together. MAKE SURE YOUR HANDS ARE WELL GREASED, THIS IS MESSY. If your mixture is sticking to counter, start adding more powdered sugar to counter top and incorporate it into mixture.

I use a different amount of sugar each time, it depends on the heat and humidity of the day...so stop adding sugar when your fondant is smooth, pliable and not sticky.....don't let it get too dry, chocolate fondant has a habit of doing so.....I find I use way less sugar then I do with regular marshmallow fondant.

Double wrap in saran wrap, and let rest for at least 12 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I just recently tried vanilla marshmallow fondant after someone suggested it to me. I never heard of it before and it is so much better then regular fondant. I made a batch of chocolate today and it is so good. I will be using it on a cake this week. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete