Saturday, April 17, 2010

Practice Cupcakes..




experimenting with different flavors and recipe. The first one is a sweet tea cupcake. It's a vanilla cupcake with earl grey tea steeped into the milk, and topped with a lemonade frosting.

There's also a lemon cupcake (my standby by lemon recipe) and I frosted it with my leftover lemonade frosting and drizzled it with grenadine.

The last one is a red velvet....I wanted to see how the Nancie Mcdermott recipe would stand up in cupcake form as it makes such a terrific cake.....topped with cinnamon ermine frosting (requested by my son).

Results....The sweet tea cupcake is PHENOMENAL....If you want the recipe, let me know....I might change the lemonade frosting to a lemon Swiss meringue buttercream next time, just because the lemonade flavor overpowers the subtle flavor of the cake. The lemon cake is always awesome, no matter what frosting you put on it (although I prefer strawberry or blackberry) and the red velvet.....well....it's good, but crumbly.....I'm gonna see how these taste tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I would love the recipe for the sweet tea cake. Can you email it to me at mandylgibbs@gmail.com ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have the recipe for the sweet tea cupcakes....my email address is Pallison101@yahoo.com.
    Thanks for the wonderful site...your work is superb....

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I have the recipe as well. My daughter adores tea. Did you use the 1M tip for these cupcakes?
    Thank you.
    azcat2002@msn. dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could I have the sweet tea cupcake recipe please. Email: cqalston@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete