Thursday, May 21, 2009

Strawberry Italian Meringue Buttercream on some pretty damn good Vanilla cuppies...




I tried 3 different recipes today to try, once again, to find Nirvana Vanilla. But(sigh), it still eludes me....However, I am getting closer, and this recipe is pretty damn good...although, I'm still gonna tweak it some more. We'll see how moist these cuppies are tomorrow to see how much I tweak it.

On top of these cuppies is an Italian Meringue Buttercream made with strawberries and lemon. I tried THREE times today to make Swiss Meringue, and each time it was an utter disaster. My problem always occurs at the end when I add the strawberry. It turns into a curdled mess (I continued to beat it for a long time, and it never came together). So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I was bound and determined to get this right, because I have fallen in love with meringue buttercream. The taste is so much clearer, brighter, and doesn't leave that nasty tang of too much sugar on my tounge afterwards. (sorry, I digressed)...anyway, I tried Warren Brown's recipe, and it turned out fantastic. I AM NOT DONE WITH YOU, SWISS MERINGUE....I WILL CONQUER YOU....but for now, the italian meringue was super yummy.

note: I took this recipe off. the next day, they were still moist, but way too dense.



No comments:

Post a Comment