Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Iron Cupcake Milwaukee - Spice







I'm off to Milwaukee in an hour or so, gonna stop by the Iron Cupcake Milwaukee challenge. I got up at 2:30 this morning and baked Coconut spice cupcakes with a spiced rum cream cheese frosting and Spiced Pineapple cupcakes with a coconut spice buttercream.

I am extremely disappointed in how things turned out. I made the buttercreams last night, and rewhipped them this morning with exceedingly bad results. It got flat, seperated a bit, and I couldn't beat out the graininess. It wouldn't even hold up the cookie topper I had planned to put on it. On top of that, my coconut cupcakes exploded in the oven....And God only knows how these things are gonna hold up on a 6 hour road trip.

Nevertheless, I am going...with the cupcakes, and intend to have fun. I just feel bad that the Cupcake queen will only know my cupcakes by these......

Oh, BTW, the cupcake carrier was a gift from my friend Frostie. Nice, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment