Friday, January 29, 2010

New Cake Flavors


Playing around with chocolate cake recipes, and different flavor combos. Here are two:
First - chocolate pound cake from Warren Brown, filled with raspberry-Amaretto Swiss Meringue Buttercream and toasted almonds, and topped with the same and a little bit more of a raspberry drizzle.

Second - Chocolate mud cake from Planet cake filled with a Brown sugar-caramel Swiss Meringue Buttercream, caramel sauce and toasted pecans and topped with the same.

I love my new flavor combos. Not at all crazy about the cake though. I will sub in my good 'ol Devils food recipe that so far, cannot be beat.

1 comment:

  1. These flavor combinations sound delicious! I have been eyeballing Warren Brown's book, with a title like cake love who can resist!

    ReplyDelete