Friday, December 4, 2009

Worst cake day of my life...


Well, I wrote the other two posts prior to attempting this cake. I was already fustrated and tired from all the things that had gone wrong on the other two....But this, this, thing....this cake just put me right over the edge.

I think my problem started when I tried to frost a verrrryyyy cold cake with Swiss meringue buttercream.....no wait, my problem started when I tried to add very cold strawberries to the icing....then tried to spread that on the cold cake.....well, instead of smooth and shiny, you get chunky and stucco looking....I can only hope the cake layers don't try and slide off the filling.

I put cake in the car in the garage to take to work in the morning. It's in the single digits outside.....Oooohhhh, now that should help. not.

Moral of story.....DO NOT AGREE TO MAKE 3 CAKES IN ONE DAY EVER AGAIN!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment