Friday, December 4, 2009

Cookie Monster!


My, oh my, did I have problems with this guy. I made his head, shoulders and hands out of peanut butter rice krispy treats, and covered it with milk chocolate ganache. The cake is a 3 layer chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling I found on Smitten Kitchen (oh yeah, you know it's good if it's from her), then frosted it in a milk chocolate ganache buttercream ----then covered the whole thing with homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Problem 1: I made him the day before, which made my frosting dry as a bone, so every time I moved him, some bit of frosting would fall off.

Problem 2: For whatever reason, my chocolate buttercream deflated. It usually crusts, but not this time, soft, and I had difficulties attaching the cookies to it (tasted good tho)

Problem 3: I didn't put dowels in, thought candy sticks would suffice, ended up fretting over that decision to the point of a stomach ache (next time, put the damn dowels in Sandi)

Problem 4: Put his arm on, arm fell off taking big piece of side of cake....which is ....
Problem 5: The cake was wayyyyyyy to soft for this endeavor.

Anyways, here are the before and after his arm fell off pics...(BTW, lots more problems, just don't want to bore you)

No comments:

Post a Comment