Friday, November 6, 2009

Mai Tai, Monkey LaLa and Mudslides...







I've been experimenting with Mai Tai's...been through 3 different trials, and I think I like these....They are "rum runner" cupcakes from Warren Brown, topped with a 50-50 mix of Swiss Meringue and American Buttercream thats flavored with an actual Mai Tai drink, topped with a drizzle of grenadine.

The mudslides are a chocolate, coffee, Kahlua and "Green and Blacks" expresso chocolate chunk cupcake, dipped in a Kahlua/Baileys ganache and frosted with a chocolate Bailey's buttercream....OMG, died and gone to chocolate heaven.
The monkey La La's are my usual...some I dipped in the above ganache, some left plain.

If your interested in any recipes, let me know, and I'll post it.

6 comments:

  1. Holy Moly your cupcakes sound delicious!
    And I love the swirl on the top,what tip do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Jessica. I use a Wilton 1M tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love your mudslide recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try the "brown bag" recipes! they look so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delicious. I'd love your recipes. Please and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete