Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cupcake Hero, Pumpkin - Simple Pumpkin Cuppies with Cream Cheese Frosting




For this month's Cupcake Hero, I made a simple Pumpkin Cupcake recipe with a plain and simple Cream Cheese Frosting....It's truly one of my favorite combo's.
The ingredient was pumpkin, but we were to also "dress it up" Halloween-y, so I did the Wilton Eyeball - love the simplicity of it! The frosting is all Cream Cheese in various colors, but the pupils are the Wilton candy melts made into a black candy clay (I had used this for some of the Spongebobs, and some monkey faces that I'm still working on)....but, you can use black icing too.
Pumpkin Cupcakes
(Taste Of Home)
2 cups sugar (I used 1 cup white, and 1 cup light brown sugar)
3/4 cup oil
1 15 oz can pumpkin (not pie mix)
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I use a heaping tsp pumpkin pie spice)
Preheat oven to 350.
In smaller bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In large mixing bowl combine sugar, oil, pumpkin, and eggs and combine well. Mix in dry ingredients and beat until well mixed.Fill muffin cup up 2/3 full, bake 18-22 minutes. I got 24.

Cream Cheese Frosting
(me)
1 8 oz softened cream cheese
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
6 cups sifted powdered sugar
pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla
splash cream
Cream together cream cheese and butter, add sugar, vanilla and salt and beat until creamy. Check your consistency...if you want it thinner, add a splash of cream and beat well to combine.






1 comment: