Friday, July 10, 2009

Zebra Cake..







This cake I made as a practice cake for my daughters upcoming birthday. She wants a tiered cake with different fondant designs, one being zebra. I've never covered a cake in fondant before, so of course I had to play.....so I present to you MY FIRST FONDANT COVERED CAKE...I think I did pretty good. I know my mistakes and will improve on it next time.






The cake is chocolate filled with Reese's peanut butter ganache (this time I added chunks of candy to it) and covered in a chocolate buttercream. The fondant is MM with some peanut butter candy oil kneaded into it (although, I have to admit, that I cannot taste PB in the fondant, I will try and add it while I'm making the fondant next time for a stronger taste) and the zebra stripes are a dark chocolate clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment