Saturday, July 4, 2009

White Chocolate Clay








I was experimenting with white chocolate clay. I used 7 0z of good melted white chocolate and 1/2 of 1/3 cup (whatever the heck that is - 1/6 cup? How many Tbsp is that? 2 Tbsp and 2 tsp?) light corn syrup, stirred together until just mixed, then wrapped in saran wrap and let harden overnight at room temp.

When I was ready to use it, I just kneaded it until pliable, then added food coloring. (both the gel and the candy gel color worked). Oh yeah, I did wear gloves...otherwise the stuff is real sticky, and I used powdered sugar to keep it from sticking.

Verdict: it tastes good (if you like the taste of white chocolate) and rolls out nice. totally will use it again.

In the above pictures, I used marshmallow fondant and the white chocolate clay - you can't even tell the difference. what I'm hoping for is a stiffer product in the clay, so I dont have to use gum tex in fondant (yuck). These flowers and butterflies are for some cupcakes and a smash cake for a first birthday on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment