Saturday, September 26, 2009

Castle Cake, Happy Birthday Haley!




Wow, this was a big project - and a big cake. It's a 12 inch 3 layer vanilla with strawberry filling, a 9 inch 3 layer chocolate with oreo filling and a 6 inch 3 layer vanilla with lemon curd and lemon buttercream filling.


I initially was going to cover the cake in the Michele Foster fondant, but after having made her delicious fondant NINE times, and not once having it roll out decent, I went with buttercream. From now on I'm buying fondant to use on any cake to cover (BTW, fondarific buttercream fondant tastes better than the MFF). I will make marshmallow fondant and candy clay for decorations from now on......I have spoken.


I took pictures of the cake prior to delivery. It's a good thing I did because almost all of the turrets fell off on my 1 1/2 hour drive to deliver this cake. Oh well.....next time I quess I'll have to put them on at the event, or find a better way to anchor them in the cake (chocolate and popsicles sticks, if you ever have made the Wilton castle kit is laughable.)


I dont have any cakes planned for the next week which is nice...need a break to get at my garden which needs to be cleaned out before winter (yeah, I said the word...it's coming....)

1 comment:

  1. You could leave the egg white out. Add another 1/4 cup of heavy cream and whip it a little stiffer, but be careful not to overwhip or it will curdle.

    ReplyDelete