Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Strawberry Mojito Cake....




I made a Strawberry Mojito cake today, one of two cakes for my friend Frosty's birthday. It is a triple layer mojito cake filled with a Strawberry Mojito buttercream, and Mojito macerated strawberries and frosted with the same buttercream on top and a Mojito Swiss Meringue on the sides. I meant to garnish the top with strawberry, lime and mint---but used all the strawberry and limes in the mix. Oh well. My excuse is that I've been under the weather for a few days.

The cake is Warren Brown's Light and Lemony cake, but I changed the lemon to lime and added mint and rum instead of the limencello. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. That cake is a flavor masterpiece! the strawberry, the mint, the Swiss meringue buttercream - squeal!! I borrowed Cakelove from the library, racked up a big overdue fine, and only made one thing from it. I think I'm going to buy it though, a lot of people have had consistently good results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that there are some recipes I just don't like..although people who have tasted that same thing loved it...so it's subjective...but that lemon cake recipe is worth the price of the book alone...and much more in there I want to try.

    ReplyDelete