Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pineapple Cupcakes


Now, I needed a way to use up all that wonderful pineapple filling I made, so while I was in the throws of making all my other cupcakes I thought why not add to my brown sugar vanilla cupcakes. The result was fantastic....a keeper....another favorite. the pineapple one is in the black and white polka dotted liner.


Sandi Oh's Pineapple Cupcakes
21/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick room temp unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
3 large room temp eggs
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pineapple filling (see previous post)
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F, makes approx 24 cuppies.
whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
In mixer, cream butter until lite and fluffy, add sugar and beat again until mixture is light (There is a high sugar to butter ratio, so it won't get real light and fluffy, but you want to beat it as well as you can. Add eggs one at a time and beat well between each addition, scraping bowl as needed. Add oil and vanilla, mix until incorporated. Add sour cream and mix until incorporated. Add dry ingredients to batter and mix until incorporated, making sure not to overmix. fold in pineapple. Bake approx 20-22 minutes.

I frosted these with the coconut buttercream frosting that I had made from the Pina Colada cupcakes, which was a fantastic combo. But you could frost with a cream cheese frosting too, I'll bet that would be tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment