Monday, April 27, 2009

Lemon Strawberry Cuppie Experiments


Experimenting with two different types of lemon cupcakes today. One was from Warren Brown's "Cake Love" and the other was an adaption from the mojito cupcake that I made last week. In one I put an adapted version of Field of Cakes strawberry buttercream filling topped with a whipped white chocolate ganache buttercream, and in the other I put the whipped WC ganache as a filling (along with some macerated strawberry juice) and then topped with the strawberry buttercream. Both cupcakes are good, but hands down my favorite is the Warren Brown cupcake (the one with the white chocolate top) - It didn't bake up as pretty, but man did it have flavor. I'm not real excited about how the lemon, strawberries and white chocolate tasted together, so next time I make these (on Friday for a wedding) I will not add the white chocolate frosting. I will post recipes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment